Hayward Dual suction 9" x 9" Square Cover White. Complies with new The Virginia Graeme Baker Laws.
Hayward covers safety with variety and style. New safety suction outlets meet all federal requirements.
For concrete or vinyl/fiberglass pools, Hayward industry approved suction outlets and covers are available in a wide range of styles, sizes and colors to satisfy any installation requirement. Whether you install frame and covers, for residential or commercial pools, or sump-type drains, Hayward suction outlets set the standard in quality and value.
Legislation leads to performance enhancements:
Two major changes in the pool industry address the enhanced performance requirements for pool safety.
(1)The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) has released ANSI/ASME A112.19.8 û 2007 Suction Fittings for Use in Swimming Pools, Wading Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs. The revisions for this standard include testing of outlet covers to prevent hair entanglement, body entrapment, and finger entrapment as well as improved Ultra Violet (UV) stability of outlet covers.
(2) The Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety act promotes the safe use of pools, spas and hot tubs by imposing mandatory federal requirements for suction entrapment avoidance. Effective December 20, 2008 the Act will be administered by the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC).*
What do the mandatory federal requirements mean?
Specifically, the mandatory federal requirements are as follows:
By December 20, 2008 each swimming pool or spa drain cover manufactured, distributed or entered into commerce in the United States shall conform to the ANSI/ASME A112.19.8 û 2007 Suction Fittings for Use in Swimming Pools, Wading Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs published by ASME. Compliance with this standard will be enforced by the CPSC as a consumer product safety rule.
Hayward WG Series Suction Outlet products comply with provisions of the ANSI/ASME A112.19.8 û 2007 standard and the Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety Act.
It is important to determine if a drain cover is compliant with the requirements.
Hayward drain covers compliant with the new standard will have ANSI/ASME embossment on each drain cover to indicate it is compliant.
Failure to follow instructions can cause severe injury and/or death.
- A minimum of two functioning suction outlets per pump must be installed. Suction outlets in the same plane (i.e. floor or wall), must be installed a minimum of three feet (3Æ) [1 meter] apart, as measured from pipe center to pipe center.
- Dual suction fittings shall be placed in such locations and distances to avoid ôdual blockageö by a user.
- Dual suction fittings shall not be located on seating areas or on the backrest for such seating areas.
- The maximum system flow rate shall not exceed the flow rating of any listed (per ASME/ ANSI A112.19.8 û 2007) suction outlet cover installed.
- Never use pool or spa if any suction outlet component is damaged, broken, cracked, missing or not securely attached.
- Replace damaged, broken, cracked, missing or not securely attached suction outlet components immediately.
- In addition, two or more suction outlets per pump installed in accordance with latest APSP, IAF Standards and CPSC guidelines, follow all national, state and local codes applicable.
NOTE: See ôGuidelines for Addressing Entrapment Hazards with Pools and Spas,ö U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, Publication #363-009081, (301) 504-0400 or www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/pubs/363.pdf.
* For additional information on the Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety Act and the Stratum« VRS, an additional layer of protection, go to www.haywardnet.com and click on Safety Products. 7